Born in Kobe, Japan in 1963 he began his racing career in 1988 in the British Formula Ford Championship before moving to the All-Japan F3 Championship from 1989-1993 and then International Formula 3000 in 1994.
It was in 1995 that he moved to Formula 1, culminating in 18 entries for both Simtek and Footwork. He was involved in two very bizarre incidents. One involved his car being taken back to the pits on a recovery truck when it was hit by another car. The other was in Hungary when he was trying to assist marshals put out a fire and was struck by the medial car, which injured his leg. This was seen live on television.
He made his F1 debut at the 1994 Japanese Grand Prix, his last race was the 1995 Australian Grand Prix. He did talk with Minardi and Tyrrell for a drive the following season, but this did not come to fruition.
He made a short foray into sportscar racing, but recently he is best known for his opinions and funny comments on social media.
These are his Quick 10 and this is Taki Inoue……..
1. What is your favourite circuit and why?
None of them are my favorite circuit in the world. The reason why I don’t have any for my favourite circuit is basically, they are too dangerous.
2. Who is/was your racing idol?
Gerhard Berger and Riccardo Patrese.
3. Who would you regard as your toughest opponent?
All team mates, apparently.
4. Considering racers of all time, you are a team principal and money is no object. Which two racers would you have in your team?
Alonso and Vandoorne.
5. If you could invite four famous people to dinner (past and present), who would you invite?
Ron Dennis and Monsour Ojjeh (that’s two, but we gave Taki creative licence here).
6. Personal racing number? What is it and the reason behind it?
No.4 because No.5 is too famous number for me to use. That’s why, it is one number before 5.
7. What is the best race you have been involved in?
1995 Monza, right??
8. Is there a race or series you have not competed in, that you would like to or had wanted to?
Le Mans 24 hours.
9. How did you get into motor racing? What ignited that spark?
The photo of John Surtees 1967.
10. What is the best advice in racing you have been given?
Money talks, Bulls*** walks.
I really want to thank Taki for taking part in the Quick 10 and his continued opinions on social media which I find thoroughly entertaining.
other images courtesy of Taki Inoue