Thruxton is the fastest circuit that the British Superbike circus visits all year. So, to compliment the preview, I put together some fast facts for you guys to ponder over whilst the races are on.
- Shane Byrne hasn’t won six consecutive races since 2003, on the Monstermob Ducati. If he wins both races this weekend, that could all change.
- Josh Brookes and Shane Byrne are both looking for their third double victory at Thruxton this weekend.
- Kawasaki haven’t won at Thruxton since Shane Byrne did the double in 2013.
- Leon Haslam has never won at Thruxton. His last podium came in 2006.
- Luke Mossey or Bradley Ray could become the first riders to win a 125cc race and a Superbike race at Thruxton if he wins on Sunday.
- 10 riders on the BSB grid have won at Thruxton previously.
- Ducati’s last double at Thruxton came with Gregorio Lavilla in 2006.
- Shane Byrne’s first win at Thruxton came in 2002.
- For the past two seasons, one winner of the Thruxton round has gone on to become champion in the same year.
- The last time the pole sitter of race two won at Thruxton was Leon Camier back in 2009.
- Honda’s last win at Thruxton came with Ian Lowry in 2012.
- The last time a Honda qualified on pole at Thruxton was 2013, with Alex Lowes.
Image by Pete Boocock